Wow, just realized I haven't updated in like 2 or so weeks. Oops. But I have a good excuse- we've been sick for the past 3 weeks!! The week before last Perri got her first ear infection which was rough, then last week I had a sinus infection and bronchitis, then this week Perri ended up with pink eye AND strep and I've been pretty nauseated myself. FUN TIMES.
The ear infection was really the worst of them all and she scared me to death on the way to the dr. She woke up that morning and was completely out of control crying and nothing would console her so I called the dr and he could work us in in like an hour. Well, she wouldn't quit crying so I thought maybe driving around would calm her down. As soon as we got in the car and pulled out of the driveway, I looked in the rear view mirror and her eyes rolled back in her head and her head flung forward and she was out. This completely freaked me out and I thought she had passed out by how her eyes rolled back so I am yelling at her and grabbing her feet to try and wake her. She kindof opened her eyes and then her head went forward again. I had to stop the car and shake her and keep pinching her feet to get her awake. Scared me to death!! Needless to say, we headed to the dr early and as soon as he looked in her ear, yep, an ear infection, and bad!! We're lucky that she made it over a year without an ear infection and I hope we don't deal with those again, it was bad!
Then last week I totally lost my voice. I surprised Craig with my parents coming down to watch Perri and let us have a nice Valentine's out but I was sick so we just hung around town and spent 2 hours at Barnes and Noble drinking coffee and reading magazines then went to a great Mexican restaurant where I had to do a lot of pointing on the menu to the waitress and Craig helping out when she didn't understand. I finally went to the dr. and sure enough, sinus infection and bronchitis.
This past week Perri pretty much stopped eating and then starting drooling out of control amounts so we figured it was just teething. But then Monday night she started getting all kinds of green gunk in her eyes and sure enough, woke up Tuesday with a huge swollen eye and more gunk all over her. So to the doctor we went. While checking her over he looked at her throat, said it looked red and swabbed it to check and it came back positive! Poor baby. And she'd lost weight from not eating so we're working on getting that back to normal! Thankfully, she responds very quickly to antibiotics and after just one dose she was much better and this morning she woke up in full swing and has her appetite back!
Here's a picture of the poor girl riding around the cart at Target waiting for her medicine. Usually her bunny is only for her bed but since she felt so crummy I let her bring it to the dr. and Target with her and she just laid in the cart clutching her bunny and sucking her thumb the whole time. (Don't worry, bunny has since been washed!)


So there's our past 3 weeks in a nutshell. Oh, and did you notice Perri got a haircut? Yes, we finally decided it was time to cut the mullet. Seriously, it was looking pretty bad and knew it was time. At first, the lady started just trimming up the mullet but a trimmed mullet is still a mullet so we told her to just take it all off. Yes, she now has a little boy's hair cut but hopefully it will grow out even this time. For reference, here is a before and after shot:
Yes I see the giant booger in her nose, but focus more on the out of control hair and curly mullet.

Short, but much better!
5 comments:
Those pictures of her in the shopping cart just break my heart!!! Bless ya'lls hearts. I am praying that you guys are on the mend. Last summer Lilly got the roseola virus followed by an ear infection...she was sick for a month and it was so hard on her (and me).
I feel so bad for her...and you. You can tell she doesn't feel well in her Target pics. Poor baby! I LOVE her hair cut. It's so cute. Short is in and she is stylish you know. We hope you get well soon so we can have a much needed play date soon.
Bless your heart. You have had your hands full. I hope everyone is feeling much better soon.
Glad she is finaly better! Poor girl, she's had it rough! You too!
I love your new blog design!!
I wanted to let you know that I have a new blog address. Hope you have a great weekend.
http://alwayslindsey.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment