Thanks to everyone for their prayers for Sarah and our family, we really appreciate them!! As well as all the kind offers to keep Perri for me at this time.
Surgery is definitely on for Tuesday, beginning at 7AM and now will last from 12-13 hours, with a team of 3 surgeons in there, each working on the tumor for 3 hours at a time. Also found out the tumor is about 2 inches, considered large for its location, is on the lining of her brain and likely began growing 12-15 years ago.
Yesterday they tried Sarah off the iv pain meds and taking oral medication in hopes that she can come stay here with my parents for the weekend until surgery. She did well managing pain that way yesterday and my mom just called and she slept all night and never woke needing the pain meds!! Her neurosurgeon isn't on call this weekend so they're just up there waiting now for his partner to make his rounds and tell her whether or not she gets to come here or not.
Craig is coming up either Sunday or Monday, praise the Lord, and will be able to help me more with Perri. She is doing well with everything but it's difficult carting her back and forth to the hospital so much. I did take her yesterday morning to a place to climb, slide and play. She had a blast but I was already exhausted from lack of sleep and needless to say came home and took a nap while she did.
I'll keep updating on here as we find out more.
Thanks again everyone for your sweet messages and prayers!
🚨July Sale & 📆 What’s Next at WLW?
1 week ago
2 comments:
Praying! Thanks for uPdates--that is just so crazy! We will keep all of you in prayer!
I have been so out of the loop. I am just trying to catch up and hearing about your sister. I am praying with all my heart for you and your family. Please keep us posted.
Post a Comment