Friday, February 13, 2009

Lately

Well not a lot going on around here, as usual, but since I have been getting asked when I'm going to update, I figured I'd do it now. But I need to make myself some coffee and then I'll be good. It's nearly 10pm and I'm about to make coffee, yes, but it's decaf so it doesn't really matter. Being in Arkansas in the cold ruined me with coffee, as I would make some every time I got cold, and well, that habit has stuck. Not when I get cold though, because I don't really ever get cold here haha.

Perri went to the doctor yesterday for some more shots and to check in on her reflux. She got two shots again this time and did really well. Only one loud wail and then she just whimpered a little bit and was fine. The nurse gave her two hot looking silver metallic band aids and that made her all better :) They are about the size of her little thighs and looked hilarious so I had to take pictures of her in them. She's also sporting one of her new diapers I had custom made. These are so stinking cute and work great! (Notice the bulging belly? She'd just eaten haha)



A few more pics of little girl in one of her new diapers. Don't mind the wrong side of the burp rag. It's one of the ones I made and this is the side of my awful stitching. Because of her reflux we pretty much have burp rags under her or over our shoulder at all times.





Perri is also weighing in at a whopping 10 lbs. 12 oz., but I'm not sure how accurate that is because she ate 6 oz in the waiting room before her appt so she probably weighs a few oz. less than she was weighed. They didn't measure her because it wasnt a regular appointment but Craig and I did and she's 24 inches long. Skinny little thing. So in 3 months she's gained exactly 3 pounds.

Since birth, Perri has required that we wrap her in her swaddler in order to sleep because her flailing arms would wake her. Well, it's getting to be pretty hot here and she's starting to roll onto her stomach so we decided we needed to wean her from it. We started with one arm out first, and now have both arms out. It went roughly at first but now she's going down with just a little crying and then sleeping fine. Yay!! Here's a picture of her during the one arm out period. Again, notice the sheet saver under her. Something must be under her at all times due to the spit up. But, I have since taken that out due to her squirming and will just have to wash her sheets a lot.



For an update on Craig and I, not much is going on. Craig's busy time at work has finally slowed, praise the Lord! Several weeks ago while Craig was playing basketball, he came down on his foot funny. This was during the busy time at work and he couldn't get off to go to the doctor. Well, he finally went to an orthopedic surgeon and after xrays and an MRI, we found out he has torn ligaments on both sides of his foot and needs physical therapy. And, if that doesn't help after a month, he has to go back to the doctor and there would be a possibility of surgery. Lovely. I just can't believe he waited two weeks to go to the doctor. His foot has been HUGE and all bruised. He took a picture of it when he hurt it but I can't find where that is, sorry. I'm not up to a lot except going to the gym and trying to work this baby fat off. Perri is doing so well there in the child watch and the ladies love her! I really like it because it's the same ladies in her room every day so she's gotten to know them and is pretty happy there. Of course she'll hardly take her nap but she's in such a good mood most of the time and a happy little girl that it doesn't seem to bother her.

I'll leave you with a few pictures of Perri after her bath. She loves her nightly baths from her daddy, especially being all wrapped up in her towel. She'll coo and squeal in it when she gets out of the tub.



2 comments:

Jetta said...

Leah. she is just the prettiest girl. No lie. I love her so much. Miss you guys so.

Amber Schmidt said...

As a mom of a major puker... here is my serious suggestion... get a few (like 3-5) of those crib sized waterproof pads covered in some horrible fleece that always sticks to your nails... and LAYER your sheets. Do- one sheet- one pad - one sheet - one pad... then when she spits up you just peel off a layer and throw it in to soak. This has saved me from doing laundry every single living second of my life!

Hope it helps you too!

Amber