Wow I'm a bad blogger, really bad. Honestly (and embarrassingly), I come up with all sorts of blog post ideas in my head and when it gets down to me being on the computer, I always choose to do something else on the internet than sort through pictures to post and write out what's been going on. Anyhow, maybe someday I'll get better about this. This is Perri's memory book of some sorts since I just won't take the time to scrap book so hopefully I can get some things documented better on here.
What we've been up to:
1. Perri FINALLY cut her first tooth on Friday, the 24th. I could see it under the gums for a while and she was being so stinking fussy and clingy and wouldn't nap and I knew it would be here soon, then finally the little sucker broke through. She's doing pretty well with it now that it's through and No. 2 looks to be coming soon. She's not gnawing the heck out of everything like she had been so I guess it's not hurting her too much anymore. Though, she is still fighting naps pretty hard. I'll try and get a pic of her little tooth soon. She is super protective of it and does not like me touching it or looking at it. Guess I wouldn't want people prying open my mouth and sticking their fingers in it either so I don't blame her!
2. She's now dropped her morning nap and taking one afternoon nap. She had been getting up at 7:30 then going back down for a nap at 9 and then another in the afternoon, but started cutting back the time on naps so I started letting her sleep later, and she's sleeping now till 9 or 9:15 and then taking just one afternoon nap. I really am liking it better because it gives us more time to be out and get things done and she's adapting to it pretty well.
3. Perri went to her first birthday party on Friday. She would've gone to one a few weeks ago for our friends Angela and Matt's daughter, Payten, but we were out of town. Our friends Hillary and Luke, who moved down not long ago from Anchorage, had their daughter's party on Saturday. Selma turned 4 and had a princess party and it was absolutely adorable. Happy Birthday Sweet Selma, we hope you had a great birthday!!
See below for pictures.
4. We've been going to the pool a lot and thankfully, little girl has taken quite the liking to the water and splashing and playing in it. The first couple of times in May she hated it and screamed and I ended up holding her the whole time but now she'll sit and play and splash and even sit in her little floaty for a while. Certainly not the old days of laying out and reading and relaxing, but that probably won't happen until we no longer have kids at home cause even when she's swimming I know I'll always be on the lookout for her. Oh well, atleast I don't have to hold her the whole time! We usually go with Angela and her kiddos and some other friends so it's always a good time talking and letting them play.
5. Last night Craig and I got the luxary of going to The Fray concert sans baby! This is seriously the first time we've been out by ourselves besides shopping since Perri's been born. That's what stinks most about having no family around and no free babysitters. My mom is in town for a while and Craig's work got tickets for the interns to go to the concert. Angela's husband, Matt, works with the intern program and told us they had two extra tickets and did we want to go with them? Uhm YES!! And mom was in town to keep Perri!! It was a fun night out and mom said Perri did beautifully and went to bed no problem. Thank you SO much mom for keeping her and letting us have a night out and thank you ConocoPhillips for the tickets haha. It was out at the Cynthia Woods Pavilion and it was so pretty and peaceful out there! It's literally in the middle of the woods and has water surrounding it and is literally the nicest outdoor venue I've ever been to. Luckily we had seats and didn't have to sit on the lawn. It was pretty hot but the seated area is covered and had huge fans to keep a breeze going. The concert was fun and they were really good live! I also enjoyed one of the opening acts, Jack's Mannequin. I'd never heard of them but they were pretty good. The Fray even did a cover of Kanye's "Heartless"... pretty good! Sadly, I didn't bring a camera so no pictures from that.
I'll try and keep updates more often so don't forget about us and keep checking back!!
P.S.- Please keep Amber in your prayers. She is a sweet blogger I correspond with occasionally and she just posted that they found out she has a brain disease. Her family has already endured more than most of us ever will with her daughter Kyleigh's complications and health and now they found out Amber probably will have to have brain surgery. Visit her blog and you can read all about her little girl and keep up with their story.
Enjoy the pics!! (Warning, there are lots!)
I love this picture of her. I played with the color of it a little bit so that's why it looks like this. She looks totally bald here but her hair is actually growing quite a bit. It's just so blonde you can hardly see it. Did I mention she has super white blonde hair??Weird
Swinging at the park before we went to the pool.
A cute picture in the swing
Prunes and oatmeal. Think she made a big enough mess?
Looking out the window with her buddy Emma.

Payten stopped mid-dancing to take a picture.

The Birthday Girl.

Selma getting her castle cake.

Our Princess.


Chewing her wand.
3 comments:
Yay for the tooth! I bet her other one will be through soon, too. It is easy to accidently take a blogging hiatus...before you know it--it has been a week. I think Lilly has those same sandals that Perri is wearing in the last photo. Does Perri love watching the other kids (i.e. at the birthday party)? So glad to hear she likes the pool...I know the pool is not as relaxing as it once was--it has turned into more of an activity/workout. Hahaha.
Found your blog off of Amdanda's Baby Bangs - I've enjoyed reading about your sweet family! And your daughter is adorable!
Glad miss thang has warmed up to the pool! It is thoroughly impossible that she is that big though. Seriously the pic of her covered in her dinner!!!!!! LOVE IT!
Thanks for the prayers! I truly appreciate them. The med trial I am on right now has come with a lot of (unwanted) side effects and I am trying my best to stick it out all 6 weeks but we will see. I have to make it another two because Owen goes to school in the next 10 days and I MUST get him settled before I do anything else!
Hugs to you...
Post a Comment