A couple of months ago we found out my dear grandpa had cancer and was to have surgery to remove it and I wanted to stay a while to be with he and my grandma as well. These two are both 93 years old and just such amazing people. While we were in Arkansas I made sure to get some pictures of them both with Perri, as the last time we were there she was only 3 months and she's changed SO much since then.
My parents wanted to come down for a few days so instead of doing the usual meet Craig halfway, they drove us all the way down and spent some time here with us. One of the fun things we did that Perri really enjoyed was going down to Galveston for the day and to Moody Gardens to the aquarium there. I wasn't sure if Perri would like it much or not but the aquarium was perfect. She loved watching all the fish and seals and pengiuns and it was so fun watching her little face light up with excitement.
We had such a fun time in Galveston! Thanks mom and dad for bringing us home and staying a few days with us!!
Also- my grandpa's surgery went well but the dr. ended up having to remove cancer from the whole right side of his head. He's now at home and thankfully not in pain but starts radiation in a few weeks, which will be 5 days a week for 6 weeks. Please keep him in your prayers, as he is in amazing shape for 93, but still, he's 93!!
4 comments:
Awe shucks...we didn't get together! Perri is such a cutie. We will pray for your grandpa, but it sounds like he is doing well for 93! Did Perri watch fireworks? We ended up skipping them. Glad you guys made it home safely and have had such a good couple of weeks!
We love Tahoe...so glad you enjoyed yourself. I hope your grandfather is doing well.
Your grandpa looks AMAZING for 93!!! I will keep him and your family in my prayers! (((((((hugs))))))
I was reading a comment you left on another blog about Macs...I bought one several months ago and cannot seem to get started on it...I think I am just intimidated by it...and feel bad that it is just sitting in the box....Where do I start? Any tips you could offer?
Post a Comment