Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Worn Out

Let me preface by saying this is merely a rant and venting.

Some days I am absolutely worn out. I've been sick the past probably 2 weeks and most recently got some sort of terror stomach virus that took me out for several days. Praise the Lord the worst of it was over the weekend and Craig could take care of Perri. On Monday we watched A LOT of tv as I was still worthless but couldn't do much of anything. Great parenting I know, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Craig is currently working two jobs (same company, just two positions). He recently got a new position but the person who is taking over his old position decided it'd be nice to take a two week long vacation during a BUSY time. Craig's been working his butt off and working LONG hours and not seeing Perri hardly at all. This, along with lots of rain and being stuck in the house, and some days I'm about to TEAR MY HAIR OUT. Having very little help and being sick and trying to take care of Perri and keep the house half way decent and food cooked is taking a toll.

It doesn't help that Perri has been throwing some monster fits and when I'm at the end of my rope, I just about snap. I love that little girl more than anything but sometimes I about can't take it.

I know all moms at times feel this way but it's just wearing me out right now with Craig not home and being worn down from being sick. And after I finally get completely over this bug I've got to go to the dr. to get my lymph nodes checked out. They've been really swollen for about 2 months now and still when I'm well. Could just be a beat down immune system but they've been swollen more when I'm well than when I'm sick so they worry me. I'd better be safe and get them checked too.

Hmm.. what else? I know I should have a ton to report on since I never post anymore but hopefully the videos suffice sometimes. We got new phones and the video is pretty good and it's just so easy to upload straight from the phone so expect more video. Perri LOVES watching herself on video and I need to sometime have Craig video her watching videos of herself. Pretty funny.

Also a prayer request- Craig's boss's son, who is 14, recently had moles removed and one was positive for melanoma. Luckily we're in Houston with world-reknowned MD Anderson so he went there after the mole being removed. They sadly found another large spot on his back with more melanoma and removed it and think they have it all. Anyhow, prayers are appreciated as I can't imagine going through this with a child!!

A couple pics of Perri recently to end with. If I put a hat or glasses on her or anything in her hair, they are ripped off in .13221 seconds. Her idea and they are on for hours. Ha!




P.S. In all seriousness, anyone have any good suggestions on parenting books? Would very much appreciate!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

oh friend. I'm sorry you are worn out and you know I feel your pain. I'd like to hear about some books as well. The one I have doesn't really touch on break downs like our girls have. It tells me to give her a firm, NO! HA! That does NOT work.
((HUGGS!!!!))

The Wilson's said...

Emilee is just a little older than Perri and I can tell you right now I know exactly how you feel on the tantrums. One book that I enjoy - it's not a "good read" it's more of a quick situational reference book, The Parenting Bible by Robin Goldstein. We were doing time out - alot! but, I recently took a 45 hour social emotional class that helped me learn I was using time out inappropriately so now we are just redirecting- all day long. Parenting is hard, you are doing a great job, the best advice someone told me is to find something that you do, for just you, alone or with friends. Also - go to the dr and get your lymph nodes checked out asap!