Friday, August 8, 2008

Finally... my first post




So I am finally getting around to writing on this thing even though Craig’s had it set up for... months? A year? Not sure. I figured it would be neat to blog about the pregnancy, etc but here I am at 26 weeks and just now starting it . Ooops.
So I’ve been preoccupied with other things. Such as, decorating Perri’s room, buying her clothes and searching for hours on end (I kid you not) for cute diapers for her (we’re attempting the cloth route and my gosh they are adorable!! and no, they aren’t the old school type of cloth, they are pretty much like disposables but you reuse and wash them yourself.. saves LOTS of money and better for the environment, yadda yadda) Craig has made fun of me over and over again about the time I spend searching for diapers but seriously, and sadly, its become an addiction. There are just so many options and brands and they are all so cute that I’ve had to seriously refrain myself from going overboard. The tough thing is Perri is our first so we have no idea how large she’ll be or what when she’s born so I’m just kind of winging it on the sizes of these. But, the good thing is, you can resell cloth diapers for at least 60% what you bought them for if you use them, and if they were just the wrong size I could sell them back for what I paid... and you can’t do that with pooped in Pampers now can you? I’ll get pictures posted later of some of her stash.. I can’t wait! She’ll have quite the little bubble butt from these!!
As far as other items for her, my mom has been amazing with the things she’s been making and has created the cutest little onesie/ gowns for Perri which I know she’ll be in all the time when we take her out. (Check out the pics up top!) She’s also knitted tons of little beanies for her and several blankets. Having a little girl makes me want to do the same thing so I’ve begun trying out different projects and really enjoy making things for her. I’ve already made two headbands with giant bows on them and am working on some things for her diapers. I tried my hand at sewing today (haven’t done this since 8th grade and mom generously gave me one of her sewing machines because she got a new one) and well, let’s say I need A LOT of practice. I jacked up the machine several time and had to rethread it over and over again. I was trying to make these diaper liners and the one I made looks like complete crap. And it’s huge. The size of something for say, a toddler. Haha. Oh well, I’ll keep on trying. It’s pretty fun to do though.
On another note, I feel Perri kicking, punching, elbowing and flipping in me pretty much 24/7. It truly is the most amazing feeling, yet extremely weird to me at the same time so know that there is a little person growing inside of me. Craig and I are amazed every day to look at my belly and see how big it’s getting and how your body just kind of makes way for the baby, pushing all organs aside and stretching out to limits beyond what I thought was possible. She is quite the wild one and wakes me up several times each night jabbing me. I try and push her little foot back or attempt to adjust her but she immediately kicks back and refuses to change positions. Looks like we’re going to get quite the little booger if she is like this when she comes. Oh well, at least she’s got some personality!
Check back soon and I’ll get some more pics up...

No comments: