Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Update on the Room



Well we finally got the bedding in and it looks great!! Also got Perri’s letters painted (yes, we painted and did everything for them). Craig also got a cabinet thing painted for her room and we got the curtains hung. We still need the dresser, which as noted earlier, won’t be in until the end of October, stupid, I know, and a rocker and more accessories and decorations. We’re getting there though! (The letters are crooked because we hung them up but haven’t nailed them in so they will be fixed soon!) Check for more pictures of the room on our pictures link up top!
We went to the doctor this morning for my 28 week checkup and I got the RhoGam shot (I’m A neg. blood and Craig is positive so this can cause some complications in future pregnancies if you don’t get the shot) as well as the glucose test for gestational diabetes, which is a standard test for everyone. They had me drink this bottle of nasty orange tasting stuff for it. I had been trying to space out drinking it a little bit because it was so gross then the lady told me I needed to down it before I got my RhoGam shot. I about threw up it made me so nauseated. So after the shot in my butt and drinking the nasty drink I had to get blood drawn and my finger pricked. No gestational diabetes though! Yay!
Other than that the dr. said all was going great and I start going every two weeks now and then in the last month I go every week. Finally getting closer and closer!! Perri isn’t used to getting any sugar and after the glucose drink she went crazy and was kicking the fire out of me and then the nurse was listening to her heart and it was going so fast! The nurse said it was all the sugar in the drink that was making her go crazy! That’s all the sugar she’s getting after that.
Other than that there’s not too much to update on. Craig and I have gotten to be pretty good friends with a couple down here and they’re expecting a little boy just 5 weeks after me so that’s been really fun to have them to talk about everything with and they’re right there with us on all of it. They already have a three year old little girl so they’re already experienced pregnancy and childbirth, etc so they’ve been a big help with all our questions and just having someone to talk to about it all. We’ve definitely been blessed to have them in our lives!!

No comments: