This is Leah now, finally posting an update on everything. Well, Perri's arrival ended up hardly as expected and was very scary for me but it got her here so all is well. We went in Wednesday morning to be induced at 5:30am. At around 7:00 or so they got my Pitocin started and then broke my water right after. I got checked a few hours later and hadn't progressed at all. So they kept upping the Pitocin until finally it was at the highest it can go, and still, nothing. My contractions were getting really bad and found out I was also having back labor and was in tons of pain so I got the epidural around 10:30 or so (not for sure on times, I was in serious pain) My doctor kept checking and realized my cervix has a hard "rim" on it, not allowing me to dilate any further than 1 cm. After a very rough procedure to actually cut the cervix and try to make me dilate, my doctor told me my body simply could not dilate. Not due to the induction or anything but that my cervix physically cannot dilate due to the hard rim. She's never seen anything like it except for people who have had cervical surgery, but I have not, so we aren't sure why I have this. She said its like a hard scar tissue almost.
So, after learning this, it came down to an emergency c-section, which I was not prepared for at all. It was very rough and hard on me but I was so thankful Craig was with me through it all, by my side. I was having lots of trembling and shaking and couldnt breathe so that only made things harder on me. Perri was born at exactly 5:00 pm on November 12 and weighed in at 7 lbs 12 oz. and 20 inches long. She actually had a little cone head like most babies do, but this is not normal for c section babies. The reason is because she was so far down in the canal for about 4 or 5 weeks that her little head got the cone shape. She would've come much earlier had I been able to dilate, but due to that, that's why she didn't make her appearance on her own. First night was pretty hard and I was loopy on morphine for the pain but am now feeling great and they actually let us come home today!! We are in absolute love with her and are loving being a mommy and daddy to our sweet girl. Amos and Emma, our other children, are accepting her quite well, and Emma is being very protective of her, and even giving her some licks once in a while.
We are all doing well and glad to be home and will keep posting pics, as we have TONS between us, the grandparents, and her Aunt Sarah. Thanks everyone for the well wishes and prayers, we really appreciate it all!!!
4 comments:
Leah glad you are home safe and sound with your precous little girl. Sorry about the scare! My labor the epidural didn't work, yeah, fun fun...so I felt the whole thing. Or rather Evan was just ready to come. I hope the Epidural works with Elyssa....she'll be here Dec 22 if not before(if she decides to come on her own).
That might be the craziest labor story I have ever heard! I'm glad you are home now. Hang in there! The first week after the c-section is a little tough but you will feel so much better soon!! And it is seriously crazy to me how much she looks like you! She is precious!
She wouldn't let me run until Wednesday after I went to my appt, but Josh and I started walking at night once Brody was about a week old. We would just stick him in his stroller and go. I could usually last about 30 minutes or so before I would have to start walking bent over. Yes, my stomach was the same way. It took a while for that to get back to it's old self!!
Oh sweet girl, I am so sorry that it was so scary and painful! But you are SO RIGHT, that experience totally disappears in the face of the miracle you are holding your arms... She's here, safe and sound, and you are a family.
Yay God!!!!
Post a Comment