I honestly cannot believe our little Perri girl is already two months. She turned two months on Monday and we celebrated with, what else, but her two month doctor visit haha. Everything is going great with her- still on reflux meds and will be until atleast 6 months he said, booo. It is helping though so that's what matters. She still spits up but it is NOTHING like it was, and it hasn't come out her nose since we started the medicine. That was gross/scary. She is still a little shrimp, weighing in at a whopping 9 lbs. 13 1/2 oz and 22 1/2 inches. So in a month she gained one lb. and grew an inch and a half. Itty bitty head too haha, 10th-25th percentile. Craig's glad about that one though because he was so worried before she was born that she would get his on-the-larger-side head. So for weight she's in the 25th-50th percentile and 50th percentile on height. Pretty small!
Usually at two months they give babies a whole slew of shots, which is ridiculous I think at that young, and babies are getting over 50 percent more shots than we received as kids. Anyhow, we are vaccinating her, don't worry, but we are following an alternative schedule, giving her only two at a time. Her Dr. has been great about this and while letting us know due to medical studies, blah blah that it's safe, that he respects our wishes and will work with us. The nurse, however, couldnt believe we were doing this and willing to her her "so many shots!" Well, we feel its better to be on the safe side, and she's a tough little girl. She cried for hardly any time at her one shot and the other was oral. So not bad at all. The downside to this is we have to go almost every month and get shots since she's only doing two at a time. Not a big deal, though, since we have to go check in about her reflux monthly right now too.
Other than that, not a lot to update on! She's been going to the gym some with me and staying in child watch. As they like to tell me "she prefers to be held." Uhm yeah, she'd "prefer" to be held all day long but that's not gonna happen or I would get nothing done. The only thing is she will not nap there and gets pretty fussy when it comes time for her nap and she's not sleeping. At home, though, she's a bubbly, very happy little girl and smiling and cooing like crazy! Perri, Emma and I are making the trek back to Arkansas on Saturday so please pray for a safe trip for us. Of course I'm not driving, that'd be quite a difficult drive to do alone. If I didn't have to stop and feed her, that'd be another story. But doing that and dealing with a dog isn't easy, so Craig is driving us half way and meeting my dad. I can't wait to be there again! I hate to leave Craig but it's really for the best since he is working so dang much and going to have to work weekends this month in addition to staying late on the week days. Thankfully it's only for this month. So, please keep us in your prayers and for those of you in Arkansas, we hope to see you!!
ps- I'll try and post new pics soon... sorry, theyre on my other computer and phone!!
🚨July Sale & 📆 What’s Next at WLW?
1 week ago
1 comment:
Hey girl!!! I understand about coming back close to family!! I said I would never be back in Benton. Then, I had kids!!! It's so nice being close to family. Hopefully, ya'll can be back soon! When we lived in Alabama, I was home all of time! Perri is beautiful! hopefully, we'll get to see her sometime!!!!
Post a Comment