Friday, January 9, 2009

Finally a new one

Okay so I am officially awful at blogging. There are plenty of times I think about it, but carrying it out is quite the task for me. There are so many other worthwhile things I could be doing instead of blogging, such as drinking coffee while searching the internet for new diapers for Perri. Yes, it is still something I do. I just ordered her 6 new customs that should be here soon and I can't wait to get them!! She's super sensitive to being wet and these have velour inners so that should be oh so soft and wonderful on her little bum.

We went to Arkansas for a week for Christmas and it was so wonderful to be around all the family and have everyone meet our little girl. We werent able to do much, as the little one got a cold, which she's still fighting, but it was nice to relax and have others around who would gladly watch Perri and give Craig and I a little break every once in a while.

The trip to Arkansas was quite interesting, usually lasting about 7 hours with stops for me to go the bathroom. Add in a dog, a baby and rain, and it took us over 10 hours. I had such a good time though and miss my family so much, Perri, Emma and I are going back next weekend to stay the week with my parents. Craig is extremely busy at work this month and having to work late and some weekends so I figured it would be a great time for me to go back and visit, have someone else cook for me and get free childcare!! Yay!!! I can't wait!

Here are a few pictures of our trip


Here's Perri meeting her great grandma. She's 92 can you believe it!! She and my grandpa are such wonderful people and I am so very thankful that Perri has been able to meet them! Perri doesn't look so tiny compared to my grandma! haha


Craig and Eli relaxing at my parents' house


Craig, Sarah, me and dad decorating cookies. This is a tradition for us. We decorate all sorts of cookies but always have our own gingerbread cookie to decorate as ourselves.


4 generations and Perri in her onesie gown her Lu Lu made for her and got monogrammed for Christmas!


Perri and her cousin Caroline. I love this girl to death and hate being so far away from her. We grew up together and were quite the pair when together haha.

My brother and his fiance Lauren were down from Reno and met Perri for the first time! Here's Zach hanging out with Perri



Craig, Perri and I at my parents' house


Perri stretching in her Pop's arms (my dad)


Craig's brother Jonathan and his wife Patty with me, Craig and Perri.


Perri in her Auntie Sarah's lap


Perri showing off her sweet boots my great friend Cortney got for her when she found out we were having a girl. They don't match the outfit but we had to get a picture of them!!


My mom made Perri a tutu and we were trying to get pictures of her in it. Clearly she loves it, can you tell?


We finally got a picture of her in her tutu where she's not wailing!

1 comment:

Lindsey Kindy said...

the tutu pics are making me melt! she is a doll and she has such pretty coloring!