Well, we've been back from Tahoe for over a week now and I still haven't posted on it. Mainly, because I have an over abundance of pictures from it (over 600- we uploaded pics from mom's camera as well as ours) and it's tough to wade through that many pics and do a post on it all!
We headed up to Tahoe on the 6th and met up with my parents and sister there to spend a week before my brother's wedding. It was such a nice little vacation and it is so beautiful there, but really the weather nearly killed me. My brother kept emailing me and telling me what the weather had been (cooler than usual) and I guess we were just being optimistic and hoping it would warm up, so we didn't exactly pack according, therefore freezing our butts off all week! The mornings were in the 30s and the days were usually in the 50s or 60s, but down by the lake it was much cooler!
It was so much fun to go to a different little town every day and get to spend time with my brother, since he lives out West and we don't get to see him that much anymore.
The rehearsal dinner was held outside at Sand Harbor, and while it was absolutely beautiful out there, it was so cold and we all spent most the time hovered around the fire they have in the pavilion. The warmest thing we had for Perri was her monkey suit we got her, which we bought before she was born to wear during Christmas while in Arkansas. It's a 0-3 months and is just now fitting at 7 months...
The wedding was on the shores of Lake Tahoe in Tahoe City and was absolutely beautiful, as was the bride! It was such a nice wedding and a friend of the family, who did Craig and I's wedding, also did theirs. It was pretty cold that evening so after the wedding we took a few pics then all rushed inside to the reception for dinner and dancing. Perri usually goes to bed around 7:30 so I was expecting her to not last too long that night, but she was so intrigued with all the noise and people that she did wonderfully and got to play with everyone and even dance with her daddy. After many hours of this she finally had enough and passed out in her car seat in a corner. Not sure how because it was super loud in there but I am just thankful for it and Craig and I got to have a fun evening.
I have hundreds (literally) more pictures I may get around to posting later, but will leave you with a sweet one of my dad and Perri at the wedding. Bless you if you made it through this whole post!
7 comments:
Love the picture of Craig and Perri dancing!!
Ohhh I want to see that little monkey so bad!! That suit is precious! Zach and his bride look so happy and make a beautiful couple! You and craig look really good too!!I miss you my dear and I need to give Miss Perri a kiss, give her one for me ok?? Boston says"Hiiiiiiii" and "Pretzel"ha!
Looks like the wedding was gorgeous! I would trade you the 50-60 degrees at Lake Tahoe for the 100 + that is was at Lake Erie last week! We went north for a mini vacation thinking it would be cooler... nada. LOL
I love the monkey suit. It's so cute on her. And the pic of perri and your dad is soooo sweet!
Thanks for commenting on the blog! Jen just texted me and told me to seriously email you if I needed to. So I will for sure save your email! We are hoping to only be here for this week. We have a gps so we are getting around pretty well! We ate at Pappsitos tonight and I am stuffed!! Anyway thanks for the offer and I may be getting in touch with you!
Ah! Tahoe is my favorite, favorite, favorite place! We go a couple of times a year! I think I have the same dress as you - did you get it at Banana Republic? Love it! You have such a beautiful family!
This gets me so excited for a wedding there in Sept, and we are wearing the same J.Crew different style dresses in black ... too funny!
I found your blog through one of the posts on Kelly's Korner!
Post a Comment