Wednesday, January 13, 2010

14 Months!


Guess who turned 14 months yesterday? This little girl!

Perri, what have you been up to lately?

•Walking everywhere and have quickly picked up the pace! Started at around 13 months. You are VERY happy walking and will just walk circles around our downstairs, laughing and clapping.

•Still in size 3 diapers

•Wear 6-12 month clothes

•Wear size 3 shoes (these are a bit large on her but for walking shoes, we've had to just get them a bit big)

•Have 6 teeth! 4 up and 2 down and it seems that you're working on more on top. The drooling is getting out of control!

•LOVE to read and constantly bring me books and then put your arms up so I'll sit you in my lap to read.

•Obsessed with drinking water. Sign "water" to me all the time. The ladies at the gym just learned what that meant and said you sign it all the time in there and they had no clue what you were doing! haha

• Sign the words water, dog, cat, fish, eat, drink, water, milk, please, thank you, more, all through, bath

•Love to share your food and milk.

•Still sleep from 7:30pm to 8:30 or 9 AM. On mornings we go to the gym or church we have to wake you up early at 8:30. Other days I go wake you around 9 or so.

•Nap 3 1/2 hours in the afternoon (Yes, the girl is a SLEEPER)

•Completely act out in public and will squeal and do this weird, embarrassing noise that sounds like gasping and sucking in your breath, when people make eye contact with you. This is followed by waving and "HIIIII" until they give you attention. Which in turn is more of the weird noise and throwing yourself around in the cart and lots of arm waving up and down and being goofy. This draws lots of attention to us, daily.

•Have the goofiest personality and will often throw yourself in the floor and become silent until I look at you. At that point you begin cracking up and throwing yourself around. Then you will get up, run off, and then repeat. You LOVE attention and definitely do things to get people to laugh at you.

•Find it funny to throw things off your high chair or out of the cart and then look down and gasp "UH!!" (her "uh oh") and look at me like "How on earth did that happen?" Then start laughing. This gets really old.

•Have FINALLY started snuggling and hugging us. We have said since you were born how you weren't a snuggler or loved on us and have always pushed us away when we try to hold you tight or snuggle. These past few days you've begun to hug us tight and nuzzle your little head up under our chins. You have no idea how much we love this!

• An over all, happy, hilarious little girl who never ceases to crack me up and bring a huge smile to my face

I could go on and on about what Perri is up to and how much joy she brings us but that would be a forever long post!!

And to end, here is a picture of Perri at 7 months in Tahoe for my brother and sister-in-law's wedding!

6 comments:

The Siegert Family said...

awh Happy 14 months Perri. She sounds like she has such a funny personality lately and knows soo much of her signing. I didnt know she was walking. YEA for her. hope to see yall soon

Lisa said...

Happy 14 Months sweet girl! It's amazing how much Keegan and Perri are alike. I mean A LOT! I love that she signs so much. Can you ask her to explain "thank you" to Keegan. She's not big on that one.

Lilly, Reid, Matt, and Sara said...

Lilly loves to throw stuff down too....I agree, really old. She is such a doll! This is such a fun age!!!

Amber Schmidt said...

that first pic is just priceless... her little eyes just SHINE!!!

Lindsey said...

Perry sounds sooo adorble! We would LOVE to hang out with you guys and of course Perry as well. I need Ryan to get used to babies. wink. wink. :)

Just let me know what day or time works for you guys. We're pretty flexible. Hope you have a great weekend!

Lilly, Reid, Matt, and Sara said...

Looks like it was a good idea!

On the bible...I decided to start because I just couldn't quote a bible verse if I needed too. Eek. How can I teach Lilly if I don't know. It is really hard to understand some parts...my bible suggested starting with Mark or Luck and then reading Acts or Romans and then maybe read an old testament chapter or some Psalms. That is what I have done. Also, if I am reading and it refers back to a previous part in the bible--I note that I might want to read it. Or, if the sermon preaches about something I want to read more on-I try to read more about what we are diong with church. I am going to look for some kind of study guide to help though.