Friday, January 29, 2010

This is how Perri and I have felt this month.


And this.


And this.


And I'm sure Craig has too. But I wouldn't really know since we've hardly talked or seen each other this month. No, nothing is wrong!! This just comes with the territory in Craig's job. He is a financial analyst with ConocoPhillips here in Houston and Januarys for him are horrible due to year-end stuff. He's been working most nights until 1 or 1:30 in the morning and still going in the next morning around 6:30. The worst night was I think Tuesday or Wednesday of this week (not for sure because it's begun to all run together) and he didn't get home until nearly 3! So needless to say we haven't seen much of each other and he even went a full week without seeing Perri.

I truly think Perri is about sick of me and we are getting to the point where we both about want to strangle one another :) It's just been a rough month with no break at all and doing it alone and no help around the house. Not to mention the animals have been extra annoying (anyone want a cat and dog?) and Emma even peed on the carpet this morning??? She didn't even do that as a puppy. Seriously, I think they are conspiring against me.

Perri is at a super fun age, don't get me wrong, but the throwing fits and objecting against everything I say is getting OLD. She will throw herself on the floor and thrash around and has even been hitting. The fits get ignored but the hitting I have worked to nip in the bud because that is a big NO!

Thankfully, though, this month is almost over and hopefully life will go back to normal soon. I told Craig he and Perri will soon be having a "Daddy and Perri Day/Weekend" haha. Sorry for the complaining but needed to vent because seriously, I'm at my wits end.

8 comments:

Lilly, Reid, Matt, and Sara said...

Oh, I am soooo sorry! I know how much crazier my day gets if Matt can't make it home for lunch or has to go to Wal-Mart after work! I can't imagine a whole week without him. I have always been amazed at how much just a 10 minute break can just help you relax and refuel! I will be praying for strength and patience for the rest of this month!!!! If you can, get out of the house--that always helps me when I am feeling at my wits end.

Two Girls and a Guy! said...

O leah I know how you feel. If Chris had to stay at work that long i would Have to go outside and scream some days! I dont want to say it gets better but its just the age where they are getting independent and figuring out their moods. some days I think Boston and I are just tired of each other too! I wish I was there to let you take a break b/c it is hard without your family there! I have just been praying like every hour no lie for patience b/c Boston has started kicking and saying "Go Away!" so.. girls.. O my they are somthing! I love you and you will get through it! Call me if you need to vent! I might need to too!!!

The Wilson's said...

I cant imagine what you are going through... my hubby is home at 4:15 everyday, and I have so become to depend on that, I am always sorry for my friends that have husbands that have to work long hours. January is almost over though. My baby is 18 months old and the fits and hitting hit a rough spot for us about a month or two ago. We would hold her arm and say "no hit" and she has gotten the idea. Repetition, repetition, repetition. The fits have gotten better for us too. We do the "ignore" thing... and usually it works itself out. Sometimes, I will even just walk away from her, and she usually gets bored and lets go of it. Do you and Perri do mothers day out? a gymboree class? or is there something their like The Little Gym.. where you can get out of the house with her once or twice a week and she can interact with other kids? Good luck Leah!

Jennifer said...

Oh bless your heart. I would be crazy, too. You are my mommy hero! I know it would be so nice if your family was there to give you a little break! Hope that things slow down for Craig soon!

Lindsey said...

Sounds like a rough month! Good thing it's over. Hope things are getting back to normal.

Unknown said...

We are forming an Arkansas Bloggers group and would love for you to link your blog to that. There are absolutely no obligations. This is just a way for us to be aware of one another. I think it will be fun to see where everyone is located. Eventually, there will be an Arkansas Bloggers page. That is currently under construction. The link to the information is on my blog if you would like to check it out.

Unknown said...

I need a good email address from the Arkansas Bloggers participants so that I can notify everyone easily. Also, please link up to follow so that you will receive pertinent messages. I promise not to bug you!

Message from Kathy about the Ark Bloggers logo and blog page. Please check it out and let us know what you think. You might want to pick up the new code for the logo. It looks much better than the other one.

Here’s the html code for the logo. I resized it to 220 pixels, and then uploaded it to PhotoBucket. That size seems to work. Letting PhotoBucket resize it seems to make the image less crisp, so this should work.

BLOGGER WON'T LET ME PASTE IN THE HTML CODE. YOU CAN PICK THAT UP FROM MY BLOG.



You might want to go look at the test blog to see what you think of the background I’ve been working on. If you like it, I’ll give you instructions for putting the header and the background on the blog.



http://arkansasbloggerstest.blogspot.com/

Walsh Zoo said...

Don't worry girly! The fits stage will pass in no time, and then it will be all (well mostly!) fun times!