Not a lot going on around the Opitz household, just the usual. While Perri has proved herself not the easiest baby, she is getting better and better as she gets older. Her sleep (at night) is amazing, going from around 7:45pm to 7:30am (and I go in and wake her or she'd sleep later). Her naps were going good then she decided to throw me a curve ball and stop napping and just cry instead, but we're getting the kinks worked out and she's getting back on track there. She's also being better at the child watch at the gym. She's never 'bad' there, just requires them to hold her the whole time. And, she's super serious there and usually just watches everyone with a very serious look on her face. Lately they've told me she's finally starting to smile and 'talk' to them and today I went in to get her and she was in the swing!! Wow! They said today was her best day ever and she was so good and happy. Yea!! Though, of course, she totally fell apart once I put her in her car seat and in the car. Oh well, can't always have her peachy.
Lately I've been trying to clean out the closets and re-organize them and go through things we don't need, which we have a lot of. Around here you can't just have a garage sale any time you want. You can participate in our neighborhood-wide sale they have twice a year or you can participate in the community-wide sales they have at the high schools. We have so much stuff sitting around here unused and taking up space so I'm slowing going through all this junk and getting it ready for the sale. That is what I've been up to most afternoons while Perri naps. That and cleaning and laundry. Fun times huh?
Also, in two months we'll be flying to Reno for my brother and his fiancee' Lauren's wedding and will be traveling with a then 7-month old. Has anyone flown with a baby? If so, any tips? We're pretty nervous about this and really would like to not have a full day of Perri screaming on the planes. Yikes!! Any suggestions are welcome!!
I'll leave you with some pics of baby girl.
Poser
Her favorite thing in the world, her thumb. This sucker is a life saver for her. She has never taken a paci but LOVES her thumb.
Eating her dress. EVERYTHING goes in her mouth.
Hanging out in her slippers.
Dimples
3 comments:
Oh I could just eat her up in her little strawberry outfit! You two are twins! It's so crazy!
She is sleeping like a pro at night! That's so great! And that is too funny that she has been so serious at the gym. I'm glad she is starting to relax a little!
I flew with Colson at 4 months, with RSV, it really wasnt bad at all. I had a nonstop flight so that helped alot, have you booked your flights? I took a paci for Colson to have for the altitude, but like Perri, he never wanted it, he would only suck his thumb. I remember just giving Cols some tylenol, or motrin if she can take that at 7 months. Or try to hold off on her feedings till you take off or land. The sucking will help her ears. Maybe she will sleep and be just fine!
She is a doll. I agree with Jenn... She is a spitting image of you!
I would ask your doc if there is something you can give her for the flight. Many times even babies can be given drugs like Benadryl etc only in much smaller doses.
Also... be sure to take WAY more bottles than you think you will need. We got the bright idea to take the Red Eye with our then 6 month old son (Owen) and he did NOT sleep a wink... (we thought he would... we were wrong!) We packed 3 bottles for a 3 hour flight... he went through them all and screamed through the last leg of it until he passed out. By then she might be able to do some finger foods which would keep her her interested for a while.
Have fun at the wedding!
Post a Comment