Perri is turning into such a little girl and while I love this age and her hilarious personality, it makes me sad at how fast she is growing up. She is such a little clown and pretty much everything she does, is to try to make you laugh. She is constantly dancing and doing this funny tap dancing footwork thing or running around the house yelling at Abba (Emma). She loves to run around and scream at the top of her lungs, preferably in Amos's (our cat) face. He does not exactly care for her and last month bit her in the face.
She pretty much always has some sort of scrape or bruise on her forehead. Much of the time a scrape AND bruise or multiples bruises. She's always banging her head on something or trying to be funny (headbanging in the shopping cart and slammed her forehead on the handle...) and results in the bruises and scrapes. Last month I had to run upstairs and left her downstairs and while we do have gates, the one downstairs doesnt work at the very bottom of the stairs because of how the stairs are built so it's up three steps on the first landing. Perri was standing on the landing waiting for me and turned around quickly, lost her footing and fell down the stairs and landing head first on the tile. Immediately a knot popped out.
I was inside and Craig was in the backyard with her yesterday and he said she did a flip off the deck somehow. He said it was graceful though and she got up and went along playing. Today she was playing in the curtains and somehow slammed her forehead on the ledge. So what did she do when she recovered from this? She walked over and bit the ledge. Awesome, I know.
She's saying all kinds of words that I'm not even going to attempt to write them all out and will repeat pretty much anything you tell her to. The funniest though is how she says "please." I have no idea how she got this but it comes out by blowing a raspberry and then the "ease" of it. It's pretty darn funny.
My parents got her a water table and this is all she wants to do. She will stand at the window in the living room and get so excited when she sees it in the backyard and starting saying "please" over and over and signing "water." She absolutely flips out if I tell her "not now" and that she can play later. The girl loves water and can't wait to get in the pool with her and teach her to swim! My mom said I was jumping off the side of the pool and swimming to her at 18 months so I'm hoping we can get Perri doing that too!! Some pools opening this weekend down here but the one in our neighborhood doesnt until Memorial Day. But several of my friends here live in neighborhoods where there's is open on weekends now so I'm sure we'll be hitting those up with them until ours opens.
Emma likes the water table too. Her own giant water bowl.
Perri had her first trip to the dentist last week. As I expected, she did NOT like them in her mouth, as she hates us brushing her teeth, and I had to hold her arms down while they cleaned her teeth and examined them. She screamed pretty much the entire time and could've cared less about The Little Mermaid playing on the tv in her exam room. Afterwards, though, she was all smiles as getting two new bracelets (the girl LOVES anything she can put on her arms, including bloomers, headbands, even cookie cutters..)
She loves to get in my headband drawer. I usually later find these all in her ball pit.
The dentist did promise me that she does in fact have bottom teeth and will be getting them soon! She has one molor on the bottom in addition to the front two but we were getting a bit worried she'd never get teeth down there!
And I'll leave you with some recent pictures.
Playing at the fountain at La Centerra, a shopping center here. During the spring and summer they turn on the fountains and kids play in them. So much fun! Love her in her 'kini.
Decided she'd rather sit down and eat than play.
Her hair one day. It seriously would not lay down and stayed this way all day. It was lovely.
Just a cute one to end with!








4 comments:
She is SO precious!!!!!
LOVE the update! Hearing anything from old friends can't be lame, so talk to us more! She is so sweet, miss you dearly. You will always be "my wife" to me!
Loves
Phares
awhh She is such a cutie. we need another playdate soon. Maybe we could take the girls to that waterark..
The pics are so cute! I have been debating getting a water table because I know Cilla would LOVE it, but I am afraid our golden will love it too!
Post a Comment